- About us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- Development cooperation
- About Australia
- Australia-Fiji relationship
- Travel advice
- Register with us
The Australian High Commission in Fiji
The Australian High Commission is located at 37 Princes Road, Tamavua, Suva. Australia has had diplomatic representation in Fiji since 1964.
The Australian High Commissioner to the Republic of the Fiji Islands is the official representative of the Australian Government in Fiji and is Australia's Permanent Representative to the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat. The Deputy High Commissioner is accredited as High Commissioner to Tuvalu.
Australia and Fiji have strong and substantial bilateral relations and common interests in the stability and development of the South Pacific region. The High Commission is responsible for the advancement of Australia's interests in Fiji, including the conduct of official business with the Fiji Government. The High Commission also provides consular and passport services to Australians.
The High Commission comprises:
• The Political and Economic Section, which monitors political and economic developments in Fiji and represents Australia's interests to the Fiji Government and to the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat.
• The Australian Trade Commission, Austrade, which assists Australian companies to export to and do business with Fiji and other Pacific island nations.
• The Development Cooperation Section, which manages Australia's development assistance program with Fiji and Tuvalu, and some regional programs.
• The Defence Section, which manages Australia's Defence Cooperation Program and other defence and security issues in the South Pacific. The Defence Adviser South Pacific, who is currently resident in Port Vila, is accredited to Kiribati, Fiji, Vanuatu and Tuvalu.
• The Public Affairs Section, which handles the High Commission's public diplomacy program, media queries and cultural activities.
• The Law Enforcement Cooperation Section, which undertakes liaison between the Australian Federal Police and the Fiji law enforcement agencies.
• The Consular Section, which provides passport services and provides consular assistance to Australians.
• The Immigration Section, which handles all visa matters and is also responsible for Australian citizenship matters. This Section handles Family migration and temporary entry applications for residents of Fiji and Tuvalu. The section also processes Family migration applications by residents of Tonga, Vanuatu, New Caledonia, Samoa, Kiribati, the Federated States of Micronesia and Nauru.
Opening hours: The High Commission is open from 8am to 4.30 pm Mondays to Fridays except for public holidays.
Australian High Commissioner to Fiji: Margaret Twomey
Australian High Commission
37 Princes Road
P.O. Box 214
Suva, Fiji Islands
IDD Code: 679
Telephone: 338 2211
Facsimile: 338 2065