Australia in Fiji
Welcome! Bula Vinaka! Namaste!
This is the official website of the Australian High Commission in Fiji.
The Australian High Commissioner to the Republic of Fiji is the official representative of the Australian Government in Fiji and is Australia's Permanent Representative to the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat.
Follow us on Facebook Australia in Fiji and Twitter @AusHCFJ for the latest news and activities of the Australian Governmment in Fiji, as well as Australia's many cultural, development, humanitarian, business and sporting links with the region.
Need more information? click on the below!
Australian Federal Election 2019
The 2019 Australian federal election will be held on Saturday 18 May 2019. If you are an eligible Australian citizen living overseas you can still participate but you need to be enrolled.
To enrol, check or update your enrolment details visit www.aec.gov.au. The deadline for enrolling or updating your details for the federal election is 8pm, Thursday 18 April (Australian time in the electorate you’re enrolled).
If you are overseas and unable to vote, complete an overseas notification form and return it to the AEC. Being overseas is a valid reason for not voting.
Information in other languages can be found at www.aec.gov.au/translated.
24-hour Consular Support
Need emergency consular assistance? Please call any time, any day:
You can also call the Australia High Commission in Suva, Fiji during local business hours on (679) 338 2211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about what we can and cannot do, please refer to the Consular Services Charter.
Is your passport lost or stolen in Fiji?
- Report the loss or theft online
- Contact the Australia High Commission in Suva (contact details above) during local business hours
- Call the Australian Passport Information Service on 131 232 from within Australia.
- Seek more information on the Australian Passports Office website.
Applying for a passport?
- For passport information including applying for or renewing your passport, visit www.passports.gov.au.
- Passport appointment bookings (available between 08:30am - 12:00pm weekdays, except Public Holidays) are required to lodge a passport application. Clients should not attend the High Commission without an appointment. Appointments are booked online.
- Passport fees for 2018 are listed here.
Need to book a Consular, Passport or Notorial Service?
Passport appointment bookings (available between 08:30am - 12:00pm weekdays, except for Public Holidays) are required for the lodgement of passport applications. Clients should not attend the High Commission without an appointment. Appointments are booked online. Appointments are also required for some consular and notarial services.
Need information on visiting or living in Fiji or Tuvalu? Read the Australian Government’s:
- Travel advice for Fiji and Tuvalu
- Smartraveller bulletins on special issues and events
- Tips for travellers
We encourage all Australian travellers and expatriates in Fiji and Tuvalu to:
- REGISTER your travel or residency plans
- SUBSCRIBE to travel advice updates – stay notified!
- INSURE yourself and all your belongings
Registering with the Australian High Commission in Fiji is very important. This information will help us to contact or find you in an emergency - whether it is a natural disaster, civil disturbance or family emergency. It may also be used to pass other information to you such as important travel advice updates, notice of elections and information on other matters relevant to travellers and expatriates.
Living in country
A gateway to information about Australian benefits, payments and services.
Returning to Australia
Handy information for Australians or residents returning from a holiday or moving back to Australia.