Australia in Fiji
Welcome! Bula Vinaka! Namaste!
This is the official website of the Australian High Commission in Fiji, which is also accredited to Tuvalu.
The Australian High Commissioner to the Republic of Fiji is the official representative of the Australian Government in Fiji and is Australia's Permanent Representative to the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat. The Deputy High Commissioner is accredited as High Commissioner to Tuvalu.
Follow us on Facebook Australia in Fiji and Twitter @AusHCFJ for the latest news and activities of the Australian Governmment in Fiji, as well as Australia's many cultural, development, humanitarian, business and sporting links with the region.
Need more information? click on the below!
24-hour Consular Support
Need emergency consular assistance? Please call any time, any day:
You can also call the Australia High Commission in Suva, Fiji during local business hours on (679) 338 2211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about what we can and cannot do, please refer to the Consular Services Charter.
2018 Victorian State Election
The Victorian State Election will be held on Saturday 24 November 2018. The Australian High Commission in Fiji (in Suva) will offer early voting services during business hours from Monday 12 November to Friday 23 November 2018. The High Commission will be closed on Election Day (24 November).
All eligible Victorians on the electoral roll are required to vote. If you are overseas, there are a number of ways to cast your vote prior to election day.
From Wednesday 31 October you can apply for a ballot paper to be emailed to you via Victorian Electoral Commission website
- Apply for a ballot paper to be emailed to you
- Print and complete the ballot paper
- Post the ballot paper to the Australia using the envelope provided
Deadline: Postal votes must be post marked on or before 6:00pm on Election Day, 24 November 18 (Victorian time) and received in Australia no later than 6:00pm 30 November 18 (Victorian time) to be included in the count
In person early voting services will be offered at the Australian High Commission in Fiji.
Dates: Monday 12 November - Friday 23 November 2018 (weekdays only)
Time: 9.00am to 12.00pm
Public Holidays: We will be closed on 14 November for the Fiji General Election.
Note: We strongly recommend those who wish to vote in person visit the High Commission from Thursday 15 November. We expect VEC ballot papers will have arrived by this date.
Further information is available at the Victorian Electoral Commission website.
Is your passport lost or stolen in Fiji?
- Report the loss or theft online
- Contact the Australia High Commission in Suva (contact details above) during local business hours
- Call the Australian Passport Information Service on 131 232 from within Australia.
- Seek more information on the Australian Passports Office website.
Applying for a passport?
- For passport information including applying for or renewing your passport, visit www.passports.gov.au.
- Passport appointment bookings (available between 08:30am - 12:00pm weekdays, except Public Holidays) are required to lodge a passport application. Clients should not attend the High Commission without an appointment. Appointments are booked online.
- Passport fees for 2018 are listed here.
Need to book a Consular, Passport or Notorial Service?
Passport appointment bookings (available between 08:30am - 12:00pm weekdays, except for Public Holidays) are required for the lodgement of passport applications. Clients should not attend the High Commission without an appointment. Appointments are booked online. Appointments are also required for some consular and notarial services.
Need information on visiting or living in Fiji or Tuvalu? Read the Australian Government’s:
- Travel advice for Fiji and Tuvalu
- Smartraveller bulletins on special issues and events
- Tips for travellers
We encourage all Australian travellers and expatriates in Fiji and Tuvalu to:
- REGISTER your travel or residency plans
- SUBSCRIBE to travel advice updates – stay notified!
- INSURE yourself and all your belongings
Registering with the Australian High Commission in Fiji is very important. This information will help us to contact or find you in an emergency - whether it is a natural disaster, civil disturbance or family emergency. It may also be used to pass other information to you such as important travel advice updates, notice of elections and information on other matters relevant to travellers and expatriates.
Living in country
A gateway to information about Australian benefits, payments and services.
Returning to Australia
Handy information for Australians or residents returning from a holiday or moving back to Australia.